Camping is a popular pastime enjoyed by millions of people all over the world. Today, many people travel to destinations all over the world for camping trips. There are beautiful countries with amazing national parks that are great to explore, take part in fun boating activities, swim in lakes and oceans, and much more. When traveling by air for a camping trip, it is important to know how to properly pack for the flight to avoid problems at the airline.
The following is a list of tips on packing for a camping trip when travelling by air:
1. Before you start gathering camping gear, you should check the destination to see if you can rent certain equipment and buy the appropriate camping items. You should travel with a minimum amount of clothing. Remember, travel detergent is essential to reducing the amount of clothing you will bring.
2. Make sure you take the appropriate clothing. You should bring clothing for all types of weather conditions. Check what the weather will be like in the destination area. Remember, some places have colder climates at certain times of the year and there also places that have heavy rainy seasons. As well, rolling your clothing when packing will reduce the amount of space it takes up in the suitcase. As well, don’t forget the proper footwear such as rain boots.
3. It is important to pack the proper cookware. If you want to reduce the amount of cookware, consider getting a pot that doubles as a fry pan. Also, plastic bowls, plates, and cups are lightweight and can be cleaned easily. Don’t forget to pack a water container. Micro-fibre towels are easy to clean and dry and are less bulky than paper towels. When deciding what you will eat, consider meals that can be prepared in one pot.
4. When packing for the flight, remember you will not be able to take sharp metal items so metal forks and knives will have to be purchased at the camping destination. You also cannot carry fuel on a plane as it is prohibited because it is flammable. Lighters are also prohibited. Most airlines allow camping stoves in checked luggage.
5. When preparing for your camping trip flight, it is important to remember such items as: medications, first aid kit, passport, can opener, guidebook and maps, cell phone and charger, health/travel insurance, list of important phone numbers, (emergency contact numbers) sunscreen, soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, camera and charger, binoculars, cash, sunglasses, pen, notepad…etc.
Before you actually start to pack, make sure you have made a list and assemble the items and lay them out to make sure you do not forget anything important. As well, make sure all of your items are in a waterproof bag. When traveling by air for a camping trip, it can seem difficult trying to maximize space. However, when you know what essentials to bring, it will make packing much easier. You will then be able to relax and enjoy your great camping trip, including your flight.
Find More Lightweight Camping Stoves Articles